Friday, January 25, 2008

On pins and needles

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. We've been battling a lot of sickness in our house and this little blog has taken a back seat in terms of priority. In fact, my mother-in-law let me know a couple days ago that I hadn't even posted our Christmas pictures on our picasa site. If you're wondering, they are now posted...a month later. Oh well.

In other news, I've taken up sewing! I took a very basic course on using my machine a couple weeks ago which was really helpful. I made a potholder and I seriously stared at that thing for days thinking, 'hmmm...i made that. me. i actually made something.' It's been really fun to practice while the boys are sleeping, although that means things like dishes and laundry get a bit neglected. I'll need to work on finding a better balance. Yesterday I tackled making pincushions. I realized I needed one and was going to go buy one when I thought, 'I could just make one' and low and behold, I did it. And not only did I make one, I made two. One round and one rectangular. Once again there's been some major staring. Here's a few pics:



Amazing, I know. I even made another one today. I'm like a sewing maniac! Alright, enough about that for now. I will update soon with some pictures of the kids (the stuff you people really care about, I know!)

No comments: