Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkins!

Yesterday we headed all the way out to Issaquah to go to a pumpkin farm. I had purchased a coupon for a farm out there, but when we arrived, it was so crowded and the parking was so bad that we bailed and went a couple miles down the road to a much smaller place called Trinity Tree Farm. As you can probably guess from the name, it's actually a Christmas tree farm, but this is the second year they have opened for pumpkin season. It was a blast!

First we hunted for pumpkins. The boys announced that they were going to find the biggest possible pumpkins this year. Apparently last year's pumpkins did not meet their expectations. We had to talk them away from a few huge ones given that they cost $0.55/lb! Even still, they picked 3 pumpkins that weighed nearly 50 lbs. We haven't cut them open yet, but at that price I'm hoping they're filled with treasure or something!





I tried multiple times to get a good shot of the boys together. I finally got one but my darn flash went off for some reason so it's a bit washed out. I really need to get into a photo class so I can stop using the automatic settings on my camera. No use having such a nice one if I don't even know how to use it! Even still, the photo is really sweet, don't you think?




Next we took a tractor ride. The boys loved that they got to sit on hay bales.




Jack wasn't so sure about this and opted to sit in my lap.




Here's Max enjoying the ride:




Gus too:




The boys really wanted to ride the little train and thought it was so cool that it took them through the Christmas trees. Smart marketing if you ask me. See something you like? Well just come on back in December and cut it down.






All in all, a really fun day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: