Friday, March 2, 2012

Celebrating Dr. Seuss (with poor spelling)

Today is Dr. Seuss' 108th birthday. In honor of the beloved children's author, I sent Max to school in a Star-Bellied Sneetch shirt. For those unfamiliar with Star-Bellied Sneetches, they are characters in his book 'The Sneetches and Other Stories", a Kaetzel family favorite. On the front of the shirt I stenciled a big star:





On the back, I stenciled 'Sneech', yep...Sneech, without the 'T'. Nothing like sending your kid to school in a shirt with a spelling error that is meant to honor a writer. I realized the error before Max left for school, but I let him wear it anyway. Apparently I have no shame.




Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! Thanks for reminding us that it's okay to laugh at our mistakes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: