Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A thousand words will have to suffice...

I haven't updated in awhile because I don't have any photos to put up. Why, you ask? Well, a few days before Valentine's Day I made some heart-shaped sugar cookies for our family to decorate. I was so pleased with the results that I set them out on the dining table so I could photograph them. As I went to shoot a picture I dropped the camera, causing it to hit the edge of our table and fall to the floor. Yes, I broke it. For all the times I've scolded Max for playing with it, turns out I'm the one who shouldn't be allowed to touch it. The good news is that Canon is fixing it for free (I have no idea why but I'm not complaining) The bad news is it's getting fixed in Illinois. I'm borrowing a camera from my sister-in-law, but I don't have the adapter thing to put the pictures onto my computer, so for now you'll have to make do with no pictures, just words.

Here's a recent conversation:

I'm rocking Gus in the rocking chair in his nursery, trying to get him to sleep. In saunters Max, blowing air out of his mouth.
Me: What are you doing, Max?
Max: I'm having a smoke.
Me: You're what?
Max: I'm having a smoke. Watch. (he blows more air)
Me: Um...where did you learn that?
Max: From daddy.
Me: WHAT?
Max: Daddy goes outside and has a smoke.
Me: WHAT?
Max: You know, when it's cold.
Me: Gottcha (I'm relieved to realize he's talking about seeing his breath when it's cold outside, but I make a mental note to rename that activity before our interview with Max's potential preschool. I can see it perfectly..."So Max, what do you like to do at home?" asks the nice preschool teacher. "I like to go have a smoke outside with Daddy," answers Max. Nice.)

No comments: