Wednesday, August 6, 2008

a thank you...

Dear John,

Whew! You sure know how to throw a party! I am so grateful that you allowed me to be a part of such a wonderful night. It was truly a celebration. All those people gathered together out of love for you. I hope you felt that. I hope you'll take that feeling with you over the next few weeks and hold on tight, never forgetting just how much you mean to so many people. And I hope you know that we didn't come because of your cancer...we came because of you. Cancer was not the focus of the night, cancer wasn't the topic of discussion, no one cared about cancer...it was all about you. You are so much more than the disease that is taking you from us. You're a grandson, a brother, a husband, a friend, a son. You brought so many people together. Every time I turned around I heard people saying to each other, "Hey! I haven't seen you in years!" and "Let's not let so much time pass before we see each other again." You reminded us all how important it is to be present in each other's lives. Thank you John, for all that you are, for all that you do. So many people love you, including me. Never forget that my friend.

Love,
Marin

No comments: