Friday, May 7, 2010

Date Night!

Last night Gus & I went on a special date to the Spaghetti Factory. He was so excited and asked if he could wear his "special sweater", meaning his sweater vest and button-up shirt that he had previously worn for Easter (which, as a side note, my sister & I found 3 years ago at a garage sale for $3 and has now been worn by Blake, Laker and Gus. Man I love a good bargain). He looked so handsome!

Here we are getting ready to leave:



There was a bit of a wait, but Gus didn't seem to mind. He enjoyed playing outside on the big railing:


Here's someone who did seem to mind the wait. Yep, that's Tim Eyman, Washington's least favorite initiative writer, who apparently didn't want to have to wait for a table. He and his family drove away in their Cadillac Escalade. I bet those car tabs are EXPENSIVE!



Here's my silly boy giving me a "smile". It seems like all boys go through a phase where they don't smile "normally", but I always thought that stage came at a later age. Gus has never been one to be on the late end of things though, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me.


This is what I got when I said, "Give me a really big smile, Gus."


Gus finished up his evening with a yummy bowl of ice cream:


Best quote of the night:

"Gus, you are such a gentleman," I said to him after he opened the restaurant door for me.
"I not a gentaman, Mommy. I Gus."

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gus looks like Lou Ferigno as The Hulk in that picture.