Friday, August 26, 2011

San Francisco: Part 4 - the Deyoung

On my first day I wandered through Golden Gate Park over to the Deyoung Museum. I had actually gone to see the Picasso exhibit that is currently on view, but when I arrived I was so intrigued by the building and its collection that I decided to skip the exhibit and just spend time in the permanent galleries. I was certainly not disappointed. Here are just a few things that caught my eye:

(You'll notice I don't have artist information. Unfortunately I only had a pen with me and, being a former art history/museum studies student, I can't bring myself to write with pen in a gallery space. I told myself I'd look everything up once I got home, but I couldn't find information for everything. I figured I'd just post the pictures without any words or explanations)









Posted by Picasa

No comments: