Monday, July 2, 2012

B-I-N-G-O

This morning the boys and I went downtown and played "City Bingo", which is just a game I made up to keep them occupied while we're down there. They love going into the city, but they get tired and bored with all the necessary walking. This worked perfectly! They had an absolute blast playing along.

I started by making Bingo cards with terrible drawings, but the kids got the point. I put all kinds of things on there that I was sure we would see, but we ended up missing a couple. Seriously Seattle, is everyone too hip to play the guitar these days? We saw every kind of street musician you could imagine, except guitar.



I then had the boys color their cards, which helped pass the time while waiting for a reasonable hour to head downtown. Jack was up at 5:20am today, so I had some time to kill.
 
 


Max made a little mini-board for Jack. It was the sweetest thing.


Downtown and ready to go!


Quick stop to check out the new Great Wheel. The boys wanted to ride it but it wasn't open and by the time we got back around to that area the line was huge! We'll just have to save that for another adventure.


While looking for the "Blue Trees" at Westlake, the boys cozied up to some rather creepy sculptures.
 
 
 


Blue Trees!
 
 


After lunch (packed, to try to keep the cost of this little jaunt to a minimum which is hardly possible when street parking is $4/hr! Again, seriously Seattle??) we stopped in at the Dilettante Cafe for some ridiculously large pieces of cake.
 
 
 


On a bathroom break we fortunately happened upon a carousel, which allowed the boys to cross off the horse on their cards. These count, right?


What a fun-filled day!
I love summer.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Charity O said...

Will you please take me on the great wheel adventure! Paul doesn't want to do it!