Monday, February 28, 2011

Peace Project

Max's school fundraising auction is this Friday and I volunteered to coordinate our classroom project, that will hopefully bring in lots of money. Here's what we did:

Using a stencil that Mark and I created (he drew, I cut), the kids added their fingerprints to create a dove. Each child used a different color paint. We then wrote 'peace' in each of the 3 languages spoken by the children in the class.



Each child then added one last fingerprint and signed their name underneath it to identify their color:



I then added their class information:



The final piece:



Another mother kindly offered to have it framed. I've heard it looks wonderful but haven't seen it myself. I am so proud of the kids for the hard work they put into this project. It turned out beautifully. The only problem is now I really want to buy it!

I cannot take credit for this idea. I found it on another school's auction blog. We modified it a bit, but the idea was definitely theirs. You can see their original piece here.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: