Monday, December 5, 2011

Bah Humbug!

There isn't much that can dampen my spirits during the holidays. But the stomach flu? Well, yeah...that'll do it. Poor Gus and Jack came down with a bug over the weekend. It's the one thing about this time of year that I really dread. Last year we had to cancel Jack's 1st birthday party. Guess what's coming up this weekend? That's right, Jack's 2nd "1st" birthday party. I am praying that Max, Mark and I stay healthy and we don't have to cancel yet again!

Here's the scene from our house this morning:



This is Gus' "No really, Mom, I'm okay" smile. Not very believable, is it?




Jack says, "We gotta stick together, Brother"




Do you love Jack's hair? It's the result of throwing up, taking a bath and then sleeping on wet hair. Still love it? I have to admit, I still do.




See how Jack's pointing at me? Yeah, I should have taken that as a message, as in "Hey Mom, I'm about to throw up all over you." But I didn't and well, you get the picture.




I've had better days, I'll admit. Cleaner, less disgusting days, certainly. But through it all my holiday spirit hasn't been broken. So to the stomach flu I say "Bah Humbug!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mom said...

Reminds me of the night I was not paying attention and misunderstood "I am going to 'go up" for GROW up instead of THROW up! How many years did you wonder what this crazy lady was saying when I answered "Yes, isn't that exciting?" to your warning??????
Sorry, darlin'